Sunday, January 10, 2010

Easy peasy challenge up at Zutter and some odds and ends

I have a super easy challenge posted at Zutter. If you aren't a member yet, you will have to create an account, then simply leave a little love in the gallery on 10 different pictures, post on 3 threads, and let me know you have done this. Easy peasy, right? All the successful candidates will be entered in a drawing for this prize ~



Lots of ribbon, some acrylic stamps, some bling, thickers, a bottle of Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist, some fabric and ribbon handstitched flowers, and a few stamped and embossed images. I will also send you a $10.00 (US) GC to the online scrappy store of your choice. Hope you all play along!

If you are lucky enough to attend CHA, make sure you check out the Zutter booth.

There are some amazing new products!!! A new electric distrezzer -


and a fabulous new cutter (can cut chipboard too!!!)-



Plus, different members of the DT are contributing items for the huge charity crop silent auction, I will post more info on this next week.

I received some fun packages in the mail this week from some first of the year shopping. I'd like to share the links with you. First, I ordered from Scrapbook Pal, an AWESOME site with fabulous customer service. I found out about this great site from Marisol of Scrapbook News and Reviews (LOTS of fabulous info on the SNR site, check it out here if you haven't already done so). Anyway, I ordered 11 bottles of Glimmer Mist (all priced below retail) and after I ordered, on a Sunday evening no less, I realized I had one of the colors I ordered. I emailed and asked if I could substitute a different color. They did so promptly, and shipped my order the very next morning. There wer elots of updates about my order, and it was packaged super carefully. Here is a picture of the lovely Glimmer Mist bottles I received in just a few days (I took the shipping peanuts out so you could see the bottles)-



PLUS, the shipping was free!!! US orders over $50.00 have free shipping. Amazing deal and super customer service. I definitely bookmarked this site (Scrapbookpal.com)and will be ordering again.

The second site I ordered from was Red Lead Paperworks. They have a lovely selection of gorgeous stamps and other things, but the shipping is a wee bit pricey, (at least I thought it was) and not very fast. I ordered on December 26, and received my package late last week. Perhaps the holidays slowed things down as well. This is the first time I have ordered from them, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I guess I have been spoiled by ordering from sites with exceptionally quick and communicative customer service, and having worked in an internet department of a fabric and craft store for two years, I am familiar with shipping rates and time frames. My package was beautifully done and there were some freebies included though. Shipping was $6.95 for an order priced at $29.45 (even though the actual package had a $2.24 shipping postal label). Regardless, the stamps are lovely, and I can't wait to play with the glaze product.



The reproduction items on the right in the image above, and the red heart acrylic gems were the freebies. Here is a picture of the package as I took it out of the shipping envelope -



Pretty package, that is for sure.

I have been working on projects for next month. Can't share them yet, but I will as soon as possible. I can share this layout about my grandkids on Christmas morning though -



I used this fun sketch from Sketches Creatively Yours -



Check out the other interpretations of this fun sketch here.

Well, that is it for now. Hope you all have a fabulous and creative week!!!

3 comments:

Maggi said...

Hi Pam! Love your LO, can't believe you are a grandma x2! Thanks for the info re Scrapbook Pal site, I will check it out. No where to shop here unless I drive 50 miles to Archivers and they sure don't have everything I want. The Michaels store here just sucks, it is the worst!! Happy scrapping! xxooxx

Suzanne said...

Wow, what a FAB layout! I love all the photos and the pp! And let me tell you, the second I can get the distrezz machine, it will be mine!!! So, so excited about that!

Rita Barakat said...

Hey Pam! Cute lo!

I have been stalking red lead site for months! How cute is that packaging!

I'll have to check out the the other site! Thanks for the heads up!

I'll have to check out the Zutter stuff at CHA!!!Wooo hoo!

How did I come up with Pam's Eclectic Stuff?

Pam- that is me. :)

eclectic --adj.- selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
*Since I like a huge variety of arts and mediums, this seemed perfect, we will talk about the best of various styles or ideas.

stuff- The noun stuff has 7 senses -
1. material, stuff -- (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread")2. whatchamacallit, stuff, whatsis, sundry, sundries -- (miscellaneous unspecified artifacts; "the trunk was full of stuff")3. stuff, clobber -- (informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?")4. stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock -- (senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff")5. stuff -- (unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine")6. stuff -- (information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book")7. stuff -- (a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative")

*What more needs to be said? I really thought about using Pam's Eclectic Sundries, but I thought that might be tough to remember. :) Stuff is easy and conveys a variety of meanings. I like the definition- miscellaneous unspecified artifacts. I also liked whatchamacallit, but that is a lot of typing. :)

So there you have it!