Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas in October :) and More!

Hello everybody!  I hope you are enjoying a beautiful fall weekend.  It was lovely here in lower Michigan, the fall colors are really peaking right now.  We celebrated Cara's birthday with a family dinner, and since she is such a Christmas fan, I decided to make her some snowman cupcakes, and wrapped her present in a Christmas style box.  Here are a few photos from our dinner tonight, focusing on the snowmen cupcakes and the cutie grandkiddies of course.

First, a photo of Cara and her snowman cupcakes (doesn't Hollyn look enthralled with the cupcakes?  he he).  Of course Jay's hair is poofing like crazy.  I wonder if he will ever decide to cut it, oh my   ~ 


Cooper gets right to work on his cupcake ~


 Kaya has to check out all sides of the cupcakes while she nibbles away ~ 


Hollyn is definitely enjoying her cupcake!


A close up shot of one of the snowmen cupcakes (thank you Cara!) ~


I have been working on gifts, as I mentioned before.  I have lots of little zippered bags done or almost done. Here is one of the fun little snowmen zippered bags, using some fabric I have been hoarding for years because it is one of my favs.  I promised to start making things out of favorite fabrics instead of just saving them forever.  I am happy to say, I didn't even wince when I cut up part of my stash for this project!  This is a Deb Strain by Moda fabric from the It's Snowing line, doncha love it???  ~


I also made Holly a trick or treat bag.  I made one for Cooper and Kaya several years ago, so it was definitely time to make one for sweet Hollyn too.  I used some more fabric from my stash, a fun Halloween print, and some of my beloved Bali or Batik fabric.  I have to say I did wince a weeeeee little bit when cutting up the Batik fabric, but since it was for Hollyn, it was just a teensy wince and then I got to work.  ~ 



I have also made a few Halloween cards recently, here are a few ~


You will see a lot more at TAS very soon. We have exciting stuff happening over at The Art Studio  beginning verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry soon!  Stay tuned for details, there will be contests, a blog hop, chances for prizes and all sorts of fun stuff.  I will have a wee contest on my blog to celebrate too, so check back for details.  

I wish you all a joyful and creative day ~ Pam 




2 comments:

Mariangeles M said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Love that Halloween bag!

Alison said...

Great projects- loving the snowmen cupcakes!! Very cute!!

How did I come up with Pam's Eclectic Stuff?

Pam- that is me. :)

eclectic --adj.- selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas
*Since I like a huge variety of arts and mediums, this seemed perfect, we will talk about the best of various styles or ideas.

stuff- The noun stuff has 7 senses -
1. material, stuff -- (the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object; "wheat is the stuff they use to make bread")2. whatchamacallit, stuff, whatsis, sundry, sundries -- (miscellaneous unspecified artifacts; "the trunk was full of stuff")3. stuff, clobber -- (informal terms for personal possessions; "did you take all your clobber?")4. stuff, stuff and nonsense, hooey, poppycock -- (senseless talk; "don't give me that stuff")5. stuff -- (unspecified qualities required to do or be something; "the stuff of heros"; "you don't have the stuff to be a United States Marine")6. stuff -- (information in some unspecified form; "it was stuff I had heard before"; "there's good stuff in that book")7. stuff -- (a critically important or characteristic component; "suspense is the very stuff of narrative")

*What more needs to be said? I really thought about using Pam's Eclectic Sundries, but I thought that might be tough to remember. :) Stuff is easy and conveys a variety of meanings. I like the definition- miscellaneous unspecified artifacts. I also liked whatchamacallit, but that is a lot of typing. :)

So there you have it!